#nofilter talk with @missarh @tayav #tech (at Castro Theater)
As my first grown-up girl job approaches fast, I hope I can heed these three key messages that Sheryl Sandberg, COO at Facebook, shared in her TED talk.
- Sit at the table.
- Make your partner a real partner.
- Don’t leave before you leave.
Watch this video. It’ll make your two fingers go up in some mad girl power glory.
- Solve problems for people who have real problems
A natural and good tendency for entrepreneurs is to “do what you know.” It helps if you actually...
- Let's Make Fun Of: Anthropologie Furniture
I love to hate Anthropologie furniture. In particular, the way they stage it for their website. There’s...
- veronikavinyl said:Ann Friedman, you're clearly amazing. How do you stay productive while writing/working from home? I saw one of your pie charts showing that you don't always wear pants while working, so I'm assuming you work from home a lot. How does a freelance writer stay on task at home instead of taking pictures of their cat constantly? Thank you for your help (I'm definitely, totally not procrastinating right now)
I don’t have a cat. And I have never once felt the urge to photograph someone else’s cat. So I’m starting from a very privileged position.