We’re saddened to announce that our founder, Dan Edelman, has passed away. edl.mn/RXsV5T— Edelman PR (@EdelmanPR) January 15, 2013
Today, we ask you to meet the Millennials, the 8095ers, a generation close to our hearts because we are members. We aren’t kids anymore and we have powerful voices.
8095®, or “eighty ninety-five” is a global benchmark study on how Millennials connect with brands, make purchasing decisions and share our opinions on products and companies with family, friends and extended networks.
The study, first conducted in 2010, and now updated for 2012, includes 11 countries. 4,000 Millennials. Insights into who we are. How we engage with the world around us. Our life’s passions. And a lot of passion from a team dedicated to this generation.
Great video and awesome study from my colleagues at Edelman. I love where I work.
Check out the study - my fave stats are:
- 78 percent of Millenials are willing to pay a premium for electronics/technology – second to the 81 percent who would spend money on health-related
- 48 percent of 8095’ers say that owning their own business is a top life goal
- 51 percent of this generation crowd-sources: they consult four or more sources of information when making brand purchase decisions
- 7 out of 10 Millennials think it’s their responsibility to share feedback with companies after a good or bad brand experience
- Millennials most often go to search engines as a source to help them make brand purchase decisions, but face-to-face engagement with friends and family are the second and third most used sources
I am literally working on this today. Oh, universe.
I keep waking up a full 35 minutes before my alarm. I think I’ll accredit it to the below.
As my first grown-up girl job approaches fast, I hope I can heed these three key messages that Sheryl Sandberg, COO at Facebook, shared in her TED talk.
- Sit at the table.
- Make your partner a real partner.
- Don’t leave before you leave.
Watch this video. It’ll make your two fingers go up in some mad girl power glory.
- I hate to be the Feminist Grinch here...
I appreciate a good commercial. I do. As a former marketer I admire how GoldieBlox has so...
- Do "Shitty" Work
This essay is inspired by this week’s Startup Edition topic, “How do you prioritize?”
- Respond to support...
- How to Find Your Early Adopters: Getting to 1000+ Users
On June 17th, Kickass Products was lucky enough to host Sandi MacPherson, of Quibb,...
- That time Mission Mission started hosting "beer pong" tourneys on start-up party yachts
- r u ready to ‘get effin amped’ (via Red Bull...
- Why You DON'T "Fucking Love Science"
So you think you love science, do you?
What does that mean to you, exactly?
For most people, I’m guessing it...
- How the "Female Comedy World" is the most supportive community I've ever known
If there’s one thing I hate in this world, it’s this crazy myth that...